How To : I2P on Windows 7
- OS : Windows 7
- I2P : 0.9.7-0
I2P stand for (”Invisible Internet Project”) is a anonymous network. It's a computer network layer that allows applications to send messages to each other pseudonymously and securely. Uses include anonymous Web surfing, chatting, blogging and file transfers. The software that implements this layer is called an I2P router and a computer running I2P is called an I2P node.
Reference : wikipedia
To correctly work I2P needs Java, we can download and install it, following the web link below.
- java.com then we click on the download link.
- Be sure to uncheck the malware's tools bar
- Java is successfully installed
We now have to set up the NAT, on our router to allow 23156 TCP and UDP ports to be correctly redirected to our I2P host (192.168.1.10).
Firewall (here with the Windows Firewall)
- If we use a Firewall on our host (for example the Windows one), we have to open some ports.
- We have to add four rules via the command line or via graphical interface :
- IN in TCP to 23156 port
- IN en UDP to 23156 port
- OUT in TCP from the 23156 port
- OUT in UDP from the 23156 port
PS C:\Users\Administrator> netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="IN_I2P_TCP_23156" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=23156
PS C:\Users\Administrator> netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="IN_I2P_UDP_23156" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP localport=23156
PS C:\Users\Administrator> netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="OUT_I2P_TCP_23156" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=23156
PS C:\Users\Administrator> netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="OUT_I2P_UDP_23156" dir=out action=allow protocol=UDP localport=23156
- We press the Windows+r keys on the keyboard :
- For the rule ”IN in TCP to the 23156 port”, we right click on Inbound Rules then choose New Rule... :
- We choose the rule type Port :
- The protocol TCP and port number 23156 :
- The pofile for wich this rule applies :
- Specify the action : allow :
We have to repeat this three more times :
For the Inbound Rules :
- IN in UDP to the 23156 port
Deux en Outbound Rules :
- OUT in TCP to the 23156 port
- OUT in UDP to the 23156 port
I2P download and install
- On cliquera enfin sur le lien pour Windows
- We proceed to the I2P installation. After choosing the language we can choose de default parameters.
- If you use the Windows Firewall a pop up will warn you about security. Just allow access :
- After some seconds I2P will automatically be launched. On the I2P router console http://127.0.0.1:7657), status should be Network : Firewalled. To have a normal status we should configure ports.
This website http://shebangthedolphins.net
is licensed to the public under a licence Creative Commons Attribution